Stainless steel appliances can make any kitchen look shiny and new. However, once they begin to accumulate hard water marks, streaks or fingerprints, they can make the very same kitchen look complete dull.
What makes matters even worse is that many of the harsh chemical household cleaners that promise to rid your appliance of stubborn streaks and unrepentant splash marks come with hefty price tags and are loaded with (in a lot of cases) harmful toxins.
Thankfully, you don’t have to use them or put in much effort to keep your stainless steel appliances looking spick and span.
Stainless Steel Cleaning Kit:
- Vinegar (in a spray bottle)
• Rose Carla, Rose Belle or Rose Plus Kitchen towel
• Mineral oil (or olive oil)
• A soft cloth (preferably microfiber)
1. Look to see if the “grain” of your stainless steel is streaking horizontally or vertically.
• Like wood, steel has a grain. For those unfamiliar with the term, the grain refers to the faint striations that make a pattern in the steel surface of your appliances. (Please note, your handles and knobs may have been made from an entirely different piece of steel, and their respective grains may be running in a completely different direction than that of the main surface piece.)
2. Spray your appliance with vinegar.
• If you don’t have any vinegar handy, liquid dish soap makes an ideal replacement. If you are substituting liquid dish soap for vinegar, apply a small amount to your cleaning rag and rinse it with a small amount of water (just enough to get your rag damp).
3. Follow the steel’s grain with a Rose Carla, Rose Belle or Rose Plus Kitchen towel to wipe off the vinegar (or liquid dish soap residue). Our Kitchen towels soak up a lot of liquid, so all of that buildup and vinegar should come off pretty effortlessly.
4. Dip your cloth into your oil and (going with the direction of the grain) polish your appliance. You will begin to see all of the marks and blemishes disappear.
Repeat the process as often as needed to keep your stainless steel appliances looking as good as new.
Like our tip, connect with us on our social platforms on Facebook | Twitter | Instagram